- Some roads are too narrow to overtake bicycle users safely.
- Be patient and wait for the road to widen.Good drivers take care of other road users.
- Bicycle users can be hard for drivers to see - especially if driving and texting. Riders and their families are counting on you.
- Check for cars AND bicycles. At junctions, intersections or when opening the car door. Your attention will save someone’s life someday.
- Leave a safe distance when overtaking bicycles on the road. To a bicycle user, your car could be a serious threat.
- Bicycle users need to know your next move - just like other road users.
- Use your indicators and think ahead. Lives depend on it.
- Cycle safely by wearing high-visibility clothing and making eye-contact with drivers. Get noticed, get around safely.
- Riding a bicycle? Ride positive. Always cycle in the direction of traffic and obey traffic lights.
- Bicycle users share the same rights AND responsibilities as other road users.
- Attention bicycle users! Stay safe and use your hands to indicate your next move. Help drivers make decisions that keep you safe.
- In narrow roads, cycle in the middle of the lane and a door’s width from parked cars. Don't encourage risky overtaking.
Cycling Regulations in Malta can be found here